UE4 Runtime Mesh Component
The Runtime Mesh Component allows for rendering runtime generated meshes as well as supporting collision with the runtime generated meshes. It is also nearly 100% compatible with the UE4 UProceduralMeshComponent
Examples project can be found here https://github.com/Koderz/UE4RuntimeMeshComponentExamples
Improvements over UE4 UProceduralMeshComponent:
- More efficient rendering.
- Static objects use the fastest available rendering path.
- Faster updates to sections for frame-by-frame update scenarios.
- Corrected collision support, less cooking overhead. (More to come later)
- 50%+ memory reduction.
- Custom vertex structure support.
- Multiple UV channel support.
- Collision only mesh sections.
- Shadow casting controllable per section.
- Serialization configurable to reduce map sizes when mesh saves aren't necessary.